I'd really like a test for this. Not because I don't think this fixes it but so that it doesn't breka gain. There have to be some non jar artifacts we could find in maven central.
Fix errors due to iterating over None-types in ivy resolve.
Review Request #3596 — Created March 22, 2016 and submitted
|nhoward_tw, stuhood, zundel|
IvyFetchResolveResult._jar_dependencies_for_target was returning None instead of an empty iterable, which was breaking the for-loop in IvyInfo.get_resolved_jars_for_coordinates. This makes _jar_dependencies_for_target return an empty tuple instead of None.
Manually confirmed that this fixes the problem in our internal repo.
CI confirmed that this didn't break any existing test-cases.
I haven't found a way to repro this in open-source yet (the artifact that was causing ivy to choke internally is an internal-only artifact that happens to be a tarball). I tried adding a test using an arbitrary tarball I found on maven central, but it didn't reproduce the original error.
CI passed here: https://travis-ci.org/pantsbuild/pants/builds/117770399