Added invalidation check to UnpackJars task

Review Request #1776 - Created Feb. 15, 2015 and submitted

Eric Ayers
benjyw, jsirois, patricklaw

Added invalidation check to UnpackJars task.

This fell out of another change I'm working on to add caching to the ivy-imports task.

I feel like something is lacking in the test department. Is there a good example of how to unit/integration test this logic?

Added a unit test for the new FingerprintStrategy.

I ran this command repeatedly:

PANTS_DEV=1 ./pants compile ./examples/src/java/com/pants/examples/protobuf/unpacked_jars 

and didn't see any invalidations after the second one. This is the same as existing behavior, but I set a break point in the task to see that invalidation was working.

I also played with changing the downstream JarDependency version. This took me a while to get right, hence the new UnpackJarsFingerprintStrategy class


  • 0
  • 5
  • 1
  • 6
Description From Last Updated
Eric Ayers
John Sirois
Patrick Lawson
Eric Ayers
Eric Ayers
Patrick Lawson
John Sirois
Eric Ayers
Eric Ayers
Eric Ayers
Review request changed

Status: Closed (submitted)

Change Summary:

Thanks for the reviews! Commit a18627e